Last Updated January 2015
PLEASE READ THIS MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT TERMS & CONDITIONS CAREFULLY AS THEY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS.
All rentals and sales are subject to these Terms and Conditions which create a binding legal agreement between you and BORROW FOR TOMORROW (the “Agreement”). IN ORDER TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER AND RENT JEWELRY (“MERCHANDISE”) VIA OUR SITE LOCATED AT www.borrow4tomorrow.com, YOU MUST ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT BY CLICKING ON THE “I ACCEPT” BUTTON. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT, YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO BECOME A MEMBER OR USE ANY OF THE SERVICES OFFERED BY THIS SITE. This Agreement is effective as of “last updated” date set forth above.
- You must be 21 years of age or older and a legal resident of the United States.
- All registrants will be asked for certain personal information (“Reservation Data”). You hereby represent, warrant and covenant that (i) all Registration Data is true, accurate, current and complete, and (ii) you will maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account, your user ID and password and for restricting access to your account. You are solely responsible for any activity related to your account.
- By providing BORROW FOR TOMORROW with Registration Data, you give us permission to use the information to conduct Background and Credit Checks upon registration and at any time during your membership, for the purposes of determining, in our sole discretion, (i) whether you qualify for an account and/or (ii) whether to keep your account active.
- By providing BORROW FOR TOMORROW with your credit card information, you give us permission to (i) upon placement of an order, charge your credit card for the applicable Rental Fee(s), (ii) upon placement of an order and prior to the shipment thereof charge your credit card for the applicable Security Deposit(s), (iii) upon placement of an order, charge your credit card for the applicable purchase amount, and/or (v) charge your credit card for the other fees set forth herein.
Background and Credit Check:
- Investigative consumer reports may be obtained in connection with your reservation of renting jewelry. BORROW FOR TOMORROW gathers information about you from accredited outside sources and add it to or combine it with your personal information.
- You understand these reports may contain information about your background, to include but not limited to criminal and credit history. The information may be obtained from Federal, State and Local government agencies or other private databases.
- You acknowledge this information is used to make decisions, including but not limited to; acceptance or rejection of rental membership or in adjustments in the security deposit amount being rented, all at our sole discretion.
- Jewelry can be rented for 5 days or 10 days rental periods when available.
- Once a Rental Reservation is placed through BORROW FOR TOMORROW, the full rental charge is placed in the form of a charge on your credit card. You are given 48hours from the time of your reservation acceptance to cancel or make adjustments to your rental agreement. If a written notification of cancellation is received prior to 48hours from the Rental Reservation, no cancellation fee will be accrued and the full Rental Fee will be refunded to your credit card.
- A rental reservation starts the same day your item(s) will arrive and they must be return shipped on the last day of your reservation.
- All jewelry items for rent require a security deposit to protect against loss, damage or theft.
- BORROW FOR TOMORROW reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to determine the retail value of the Merchandise, and to require a Security Deposit of eighty percent (70%) of the retail value of the Merchandise.
- Five (5) days prior to the approved Rental Reservation, the Security Deposit will be placed in the form of a charge on your credit card. You have an option to use a different credit card for the Security Deposit.
- If the Security Deposit charge is denied by your credit card, we may request an additional credit card. If the renter does not find a resolution for the Security Deposit charge, the rental agreement may be delayed or cancelled at our discretion, and cancellation fees will be accrued.
- Borrow For Tomorrow will use every reasonable effort to communicate and work with you if there is a delay of the security deposit; a cancellation will be used only as a last resort option.
- See “Returning” section for when the Security Deposit charge is released at the end of a rental agreement.
- The insurance policy issued to BORROW FOR TOMORROW only covers for loss and/or damage during the course of shipping transit for stated commodities and is subject to the Membership Agreement’s Terms & Conditions and the Shipping Checklist Rules & Restrictions.
- All claims must be reported within 32 hours of damage or loss. Failure to repost a claim timely will nullify the insurance coverage.
- If the jewelry is damaged, lost or stolen during the rental agreement, the renter is solely responsible for 100% payment of the Security Deposit and the Rental Charge. The Security Deposit is paid to BORROW FOR TOMORROW as payment for replacement of the jewelry which is set forth by BORROW FOR TOMORROW.
- All items shipped to and from our facility will be shipped via FedEx for two-day or overnight delivery with shipping insurance.
- All deliveries required an adult signature for delivery or pickup of the Merchandise at your local FedEx shipping center. Packages must be delivered at a physical address in the United States , PO Boxes are NOT permitted.
- Any refused or returned deliveries will be processed as a completed rental transaction and the rental fee(s) are not refundable.
- BORROW FOR TOMORROW promises to use every reasonable effort to ensure your reserved item is available for your scheduled date. Under the rare circumstance of any late deliveries or non-deliveries, we will do one of the following:
- (i) everything in our power to accommodate our members with a similar item(s) of equal or slightly greater value at no additional Rental Fee cost (Security Deposit will be reflected) or
- (ii) Upon return of the Merchandise in the same condition by the return due date, we will refund all Rental Fees and your full Security Deposit. The return of these amounts will be our sole liability to you in the event of non-timely delivery or non-delivery; in no event will we be liable for any other damages whatsoever.
- The jewelry items that were rented need to be returned in the same condition as when delivered to you; reasonable wear is acceptable.
- All returned items must be return shipped on the last day of your reservation. It is important that we receive these items on time for proper maintenance to provide clean and stunning jewelry for our next client. If for some reason your item cannot ship on time, contact BORROW FOR TOMORROW as soon as possible. Late return fees will apply, see “Late Returns” section for more information.
- The jewelry must be re-packaged in its original box and sealed in the pre-paid, pre-addressed shipping package that is included with the original shipment. All shipments to and from our facility includes insurance and has been pre-paid by BORROW FOR TOMORROW. You are not required to purchase additional insurance from FedEx.
- All sealed packages must be hand delivered to a FedEx personal at an approved FedEx location that is listed on your statement. A shipping drop off receipt is required with all returns and the client is required to obtain the receipt until the package is received and confirmed by BORROW FOR TOMORROW.
- If packages are return not in accordance to our Shipping Checklist Rules and Restrictions, insurance will be void and if the package is lost or damaged, the client is responsible for 100% of the Retail Value to cover the cost of a replacement. Read our Shipping Terms & Conditions for more shipping information.
- After the jewelry item is returned and a thorough inspection is completed, the Security Deposit charge will be refunded minus any repair fees and/or late return fees if accrued (in the form of a credit on your credit card). The inspection typically takes 2-3 business days and BORROW FOR TOMORROW will email the inspection report to you along with the final receipt that includes any repair fees or late fees if applicable. If you disagree or have questions about the inspection report, a written notification must be received within three (3) business days from the date the report was emailed to you.
- If jewelry is not returned by the required return date, late fees will be assessed as to that item(s) as follows:
- One (1) Day Late – 50% of the rental charge for each item will be added to the total fees.
- Two (2) to Seven (7) Days Late – 100% of the rental charge for each item will be added to the total fees.
- Eight (8) to Fourteen (14) Days Late – 200% of the rental charge for each item will be added to the total fees.
- Over Fourteen (14) Days Late – Presumed Lost or Stolen. If any jewelry items are not returned within fourteen (14) days after the Return Date without express written notice, the full security deposit (100%) will not be refunded. This is not a penalty, but instead used to cover part of the cost needed to replace the item(s) for future members. In addition, we have the right to charge your credit card account(s) all late fees that were accrued.
- Late fees are used to cover damages that we would suffer including our rental loss, our reputation due to unavailable items, and changes in our insurance rates.
- You further agree and acknowledge that our ability to make jewelry available for rent to other members depend on items being return on time. Returns after the date listed on the receipt may prevent us from having sufficient time to clean, repair and re-ship the jewelry to the next valued member. For the foregoing reasons, you agree with us that the amounts reflected in the schedule of late fees above are a reasonable forecast of just compensation to us in the event of late return.
Cancellations and Reservation Changes:
- Changing a Reservation Date - If you decide to change your date of reservation or change the jewelry being rented in writing more than thirty (30) days prior to the shipping date, no additional fees will be accrued (adjustment of Rental Fees and/or Security Deposit will be reflected). The new reservation must be used within twelve (12) calendar months from the original reservation date. Rental Reservations and jewelry items being rented cannot be changed thirty (30) days or less prior to the shipping date.
- Cancelling a Rental Reservation:
- 31 Days or More- If you cancel your Rental Reservation in writing thirty-one (31) days or more prior to the shipping date, fifty percent (50%) of the Rental Fee will be refunded in the form of a credit on your credit card.
- 30 to 15 Days - If you cancel your Rental Reservation in writing within thirty (30) days to fifteen (15) days before the shipping date, twenty-five percent (25%) of the Rental Fee will be refunded in the form of a credit on your credit card.
- 14 Days or Less - If you cancel your Rental Reservation in fourteen (14) days or less before the shipping date, the Rental Fee is not refundable. Once the jewelry is shipped and left our facility, cancellation of an order is not an option.
- If the renter wishes to extend or continue the rental contract and if the jewelry is available for an extension, an additional Rental Fee will be placed in the form of a charge on your credit card.
- To extend your rental period, please contact us as soon as possible. If we can accommodate your request, we will provide a revised rental receipt and a new return shipping label. Rental extensions are treated the same for cancellations and late returns.
- In the uncommon event that your reserved item(s) is not available because it was not returned on time or has been sold, an alternative piece(s) of equal or slightly greater value will be discussed and offered to you at that time at no additional Rental Fee cost (Security Deposit may be adjusted). If an alternative solution is not acceptable to you, the Rental Fee and Security Deposit will be fully refunded to you. We will have no liability to you in the event that items are unavailable, even if you have reserved them, other than the return of the Rental Fee and the Security Deposit.
Sale of Jewelry
- If you wish to purchase an item(s) of jewelry during a rental agreement, please contact us immediately.
- If the item(s) is available for an immediate sale, we will be in contact with you to provide the terms of the sale. The full 100% of the Rental Fee will be applied as a credit towards the retail sale price and the Security Deposit will be refunded to your credit card.
- If the item(s) has been reserved by another client dated immediately after your reservation, we will be in contact with you to provide and discuss a solution to purchasing the jewelry.
- BORROW FOR TOMORROW is located in Sergeant Bluff, Iowa; those who reside in the state of Iowa are required to pay 7% sales tax on rental services and/or retail purchases. Applicable use or other transaction taxes imposed on you in connection with your order of the Merchandise are solely your responsibility to report and pay.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS IN REGARDS TO OUR RENTAL AGREEMENT TERMS & CONDITIONS, PLEASE CONTACT BORROW FOR TOMORROW.
Phone - 402.990.5931
Email - email@example.com
Mailing - 204 1st Street Suite B5
Sergeant Bluff, IA 51054